Saturday, October 22, 2011

Readathon Hours 5-9

Readthon is going good- and in Hour 4 I managed to mostly stay off the computer, yay me!  Hour 5 doesn't look so promising though, as I'm getting hungry so lunch will have to be gotten.  Many thanks to my lovely husband, Aaron, for making the Starbucks run!  Happily sipping my Salted Caramel Mocha.

Be sure to stop by hear at Hour 9 for my Readathon Mini-Challenge!


Books/pages read: 24 minutes of the audio book for The Night Circus (read by the incomparable Jim Dale!)
Challenges done: None, fixed lunch instead
Blogs visited: My friend Kimberly, who just started blogging TODAY in order to get the most out of readathon, The Bookie. Give her some follow love! 
Food eaten: Home made bacon cheeseburger, water and the last of my Salted Caramel Mocha (sad face).






Books/pages read: listened to 10 minutes of The Night Circus audio book, just started Breathe, 8 pages in!
Challenges done: Top 5 Mini-Challenge hosted by Lisa's World of Books:

Top 5 books I'm looking forward to: 
Of course I'm looking forward to King's new book, I'm a Midnight girl!
 I feel like it's been forever since Delirium, and I needs more!
 I really looked Graceling, and loved Fire, so I am definitely looking forward to this one!
 Despite the fact that The Passage took forever to read, I really want  to read the sequel!
What can I say?  I have a thing for serial killers (fictional ones, not real ones!)

Blogs visited: No new blogs this hour.
Food eaten: Coffee, water and a Lubecker Tart that I got at last night's Octoberfest:










Books/pages read: Listed to 34 minutes of The Night Circus audio book
Challenges done: I'd Rather Be At The Beach's A.K.A Challenge (which is fun, go do it!)
Blogs visited: I'd Rather Be At The Beach
Ballet Book Worm
Into The Hall of Books

Food eaten: Just water









Books/pages read: Have a huge headache, so I took a quick nap!
Challenges done: None, because I was napping, but I woke up so I can post mine for Hour 9!
Blogs visited: In The Next Room
The Joy of Booking
Food eaten: Munching on some Energy Mix from Planter's NUT-rition line.  Drinking water. 









Books/pages read: 162 pages of Twilight Graphic Novel Vol. 2.
Challenges done: Hosting the Book Sentence Challenge now!
Blogs visited: The Story Girl
 Ramblings
KiwiRia

Food eaten: a mini Twix bar and more water.  I need one of those portable toilets for the next readathon!
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. The Readathon is going well for me, too. I am taking a break from the books to do some Cheerleading. I'm on the Golden Grahams team. Go Midnight Girl! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little jealous of your Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little pictures. And Salted Caramel? I'm thinking I NEED one of those later. Can't believe how quickly the time has passed.

    You're ROCKIN' it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not an official cheerleader, but Gooooo Kate! You can do it! ;)
    I'm about to attempt to finish a book before book club at Courtney's tonight, so I'll be reading right along with you, even though I'm not doing the readathon. I hope to participate next time, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great. I'm unofficially cheering today so I'll be popping by on and off. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you're having a great time. Keep it going!

    I've finished 1 1/3 book which I', really happy about. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely covet that chalkboard mug!
    Happy reading and hello from me and my dad (my real world cheerleader)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing great! I love your mug and Fallish enthusiasm displayed in your photos!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep up the good work - love your blog adorable header - found you through the readathon and definitely now following!
    Pabkins @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salted caramel mocha! Nom nom nom. That was a good idea - why didn't I think to sent The Boyfriend on a Starbucks run.

    I love these updates, and you chalkboard mug is way cool.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva