Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dewey's Readathon- Let's Get It On!

It's time to start!  I'm not quite sure how often I will be updating, but I'll probably use this post for several hours. Starting challenge:

Hour 1

Introductory Questionnaire

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Virginia!  Hanging out with three of my friends, Kim from On The Wings of Books, Steph from The Fake Steph and Katie from KT's Reading Rainbow.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Seed by Ania Ahlborn and all the graphic novels!

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Kim's oreo brownies!!!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I like big books, and I cannot lie!
I love Halloween and fall, so October's Readathon is my favorite one of all!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is my 7th Readathon!  The major difference this time around I'm doing readathon with 3 of my friends (who are also book bloggers), and I probably won't do as many mini challenges as I've done previously.  I'm also cheering and hosting the Book Sentence Challenge at Hour 19, so come on back then!

UPDATE #1

Books Finished:
Halloween Night by R.L. Stine (182 pages)

Currently Reading:
The Innocents by  Lili Peloquin


Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. You're so lucky to have friends there participating with you!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very nice to have other people around you to help motivate you to read all day long! :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SEVEN readathons??!! Awesome! Have a blast today :) Rah, rah, ree! Kick 'em in the knee ... and keep reading!! Go Team Smarties!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, brownies! OMG! :)
    Good luck with the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man all this talk about brownies is making me want one!

    How is this for a book sentence... Forever Brother Odd Thomas Is on Our Side?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost bought brownies to make for today...now I wish I had. lol I hope that you read more than you'd hoped to read today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously can't wait for the Oreo brownies!! So excited!! And books are good too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to go and order some sweet home deliveries! :D
    I also blame your post for that. Heheh.
    Happy reading and I will keep coming back every few hours!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously getting hungry with all the Oreo brownie talk....

    Yay for the book sentence challenge! I'll definitely be back for that one! :D

    Good luck and have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. “So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall.” (Roald Dahl) Congratulations on finishing your first book for the readathon! Way to go Team Smartie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, it seems like you're all having a read-a-thon party :) Awesome!

    Happy reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you an amazingly successful Read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh! I'm so requesting the next read-a-thon off of work! I miss it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva