Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Don't You Forget About Me!

My Top Ten Tuesday
I felt like making my own graphic for The Broke and the Bookish meme Top Ten Tuesdays that matched my blog.  I really want to participate more often, so I figured this would inspire me to remember!

This week's topic is:
Top Ten "Older" Books You Don't Want People To Forget About (you can define older however you wish. Basically just backlisted books you think are great. Basically the point is to share books that could be forgotten about in the midst of all the new releases)

1. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline: seriously, one of the best books ever!
2. Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis: Perfect for an October read, especially for those of you who don't like "horror" novels.
3. The Vanishing Game by Kate Kae Myers: an amazing book!  Read it!
4.  Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz- you didn't think I wouldn't take the opportunity to pimp my boy Odd, did you?
5. I Am Not A Serial Killer by Dan Wells- it appears that I'm in full October mode, since most of the books are creepy- still, this is a great serial killer novel featuring a teen main character, and there's just far too few of them!

6. A Game of Thrones (A Song of Fire and Ice Book #1) by George R.R. Martin- think you don't like science fiction/fantasy novels?  Think again!  This book is truly epic!
7. Boy's Life by Robert McCammon- this was not my first McCammon book, but I wish it had been.  It's truly an amazing coming of age story.  I just loved every minute of it. Again, much thanks and praise to Midnyte Reader for getting me a signed copy of it!
8. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern- on it's way to being my all time favorite book, it is full of magic and love and mystery. 
9. Soulless (Parasol Protectorate #1) by Gail Carriger- I am not a huge paranormal romance fan, but this book is witty, steamy and a hell of a lot of fun!
10. Anything that Christopher Pike has ever written (but especially the Final Friends series, which is being republished under Until The End)!  I just can't rest until everyone has read his books.  All of them.  Start reading people, he's got a large body of work to get through, and I'm not even asking you to read his middle grade novels, just his YA and Adult.  I smell a 2013 challenge coming on...
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. I am not a Serial Killer sounds awesome and Boy's Life does too. I am so diggin' your graphic too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the graphic!

    I have like 70 pages left in Ready Player One. We had some crazy at work yesterday so I got home late and I was soooo tired. I WILL be finishing it tonight, even if it kills me.

    I loved Glimmer and The Vanishing Game. I promise to read Odd Thomas... soon? Seriously, I don't know when, but I will commit to finishing it by the end of the year.

    And of course Christopher Pike! I'm sad I left him off my list, but at least I made you happy with the VC Andrews pick ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to read Odd soon! You should at least have him on your Readathon pile, just as back up.

      Delete
  3. OMG the Final Friends series is my absolute favorite! Appearing on a list with that one puts a huge grin on my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! And the fact that you love Final Friends has solidified your awesome status with me for forever!

      Delete
  4. None of these seem old except Soulless....which is FANTASTIC, much like the rest of your list. Ready Player One, what????

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the graphic with the cat! Soooo cute! And I'll never forget Odd Thomas! I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice list. I've only read Glimmer, but I want to read most of the others! And I will totally participate in a Christopher Pike challenge if you host it next year!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva