Sunday, October 7, 2012

Cover Characteristics (1)

I saw this meme and had to do it!  It's called Cover Characteristic and it's hosted by Sugar and Snark.
Each week we will post a characteristic and choose 5 of our favorite cover’s with that characteristic. If you want to join in and share your 5 favorite covers with the weeks particular characteristic, then just make a post, grab the meme picture (or make your own) and leave your URL in Linky (so we can visit).
This weeks theme is School Lockers!

I dug a bit into my own YA past for these (and beyond!, because technically I was a teen in the 90's and I read most of these in the 80's).

Five Covers featuring School Lockers:

The Cat Ate My Gymsuit
by Paula Danziger

So much love for this book, because I was a fat kid too.  And I swear, hardly anyone else was fat in the 1980s!













Have a Heart, Cupid Delaney
by Ellen Leroe


I loved, loved, loved this book.  Still do.  I've re-read it a million times.
True story.












Broken Hearts
by R.L. Stine



 I can't tell you how much fun 7th grade was for me, because that's when I discovered the Fear Street novels.











Cheerleaders #2 Getting Even
by Christopher Pike

Yes, that Christopher Pike.  ;)
I used to read everything by my favorite authors, and I tracked this book down like it was a nazi war criminal- I had to use my high school's inter-library loan system.  And then I had to give the book back!  I think I actually bought my own copy off ebay or Paperback Swap, but although it's written by Pike it's part of a series and his signature style and characters just aren't there.  Still, it's a Pike book!












How Do You Lose Those Ninth Grade Blues?
by Barthe DeClements

I loved this series (Elsie used to be fat in Nothing's Fair in Fifth Grade) when I was a tween!  And I may be remembering this wrong, but I think the last book, Seventeen and In-Between, actually mentioned sex.  But I could be wrong, since YA in the 80's steered pretty clear of that topic.




Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    Those are some great retro covers! =D I think Broken Hearts is my favourite because you can see how the locker serves the story, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read the Cheerleaders Christopher Pike book, I didn't even know it existed until you came around. (If it's any consolation, I freaking loved the Cheerleaders series by RL Stine.)

    I love that you went retro for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I miss books having covers like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm laaughing so hard at this. does this meme happen on a certain day? or whenever during the week?????????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh, it's Cupid Delaney! That brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that your were from the 80's and 90's. Great picks! I bet Sweet Valley has some locker covers too. This is a great meme though, I may have to join in when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I just love all the old covers! Awesome :)

    Thanks for participating :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva