Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Get in the Halloween Spirit!

 Top Ten Books to Get into the Halloween Spirit
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Since I'm doing something similar at the end of the month, I thought I'd break this into two parts featuring some different books.

Kid's Books to Get You Into the Halloween Spirit 

1. Bunnicula by Deborah Howe and James Howe- I still love re-reading these books!
2. Scary Godmother: Omnibus by Jill Thomspon- I read this last year, the graphics are gorgeous and it's even been turned into a Halloween special!
3. A Taste For Red by Lewis Harris- This book was so much fun, I bought it and read it for one of my first October Readathons!
4. Oddkins: A Fable by Dean Koontz- I'm actually just reading this now, but loving it so far!
5. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling- Deathday Party!

 
Audio Books to Get You Into the Halloween Spirit 

*I've personally listened to all of these to get in the mood of Halloween
1. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova- love this audio, it's spooky and it's read by some great narrators!
2. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake- re-listening to this one for book club this upcoming weekend!
3.  It by Stephen King- Steven Weber brings one of my all time favorite King books to life, it's long but worth.
4. Nice Girls Don't Date Men (Jane Jameson #2) by Molly Harper- Just finished this, and it was fun and funny.  As much as I like horror, I love to laugh too!
5. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness- Another long audio, but so good and like The Historian, it mixes vampires with history (and throws in witches and demons!). 

Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad you have some spooky kids books! I was always too wussy to read scary books as a child.

    Anna Dressed in Blood is a perfect Halloween book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Penny Wise! What a poor miss understood clown (NOT) LOL :)

    True Story: I had a stuffed clown that looked exactly like him till I saw that mini-series/read the book. I was sad I had to donate the thing but I wasn't sleeping with it in my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so BUNNICULA has made too many of these lists for me to ignore it any longer. It's going on the TBR list. And I love that you separated out some audio books. I've listened to a lot of audio books this year and am always on the lookout for good recommendations. That said, I'll be THE HISTORIAN took forever on audio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bunnicula!!!! Ahhhhh - gotta get that book now!
    IT scares me. Too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I haven't read or listened to a single one of your selections! I really have some catching up to do! I am excited to hear about Oddkins though!

    Oh, Wait! Of course I read Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heck yes, Bunnicula! That really takes me back! HP is the right book for every occasion, I say. Also, I really need to read Anna Dressed in Blood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I had never heard of "Bunnicula but loving bunnies as much as I do, I'll check it out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunnicula is seriously awesome! Definitely check it out!

      Delete
  8. Ooh I really liked Anna Dressed in Blood and A Discovery of Witches. A few of the others are on my reading list, and will hopefully get to soon. Awesome list :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Bunnicula! It is one of m favorite books. I read it while I was in grad school for a children's lit class, and it has been at the top of my favorites list ever since. I haven't read any of the other ones in the series, though. I should.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVED The Historian! Bunnicula? Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE Bunnicula!!! I read it to my husband. I still have to read a Discovery of Witches. And I loved The Historian as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deathday Party! Anna! Excellent list! I still have to read A Discovery of Witches (which will not be this year if I have any hope of succeeding in my goodreads challenge).

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva